Stuck at home during the pandemic? Looking to make a few extra dollars while you are out of a paycheck? Try these mobile apps and start earning money today!
1. TAKE SURVEYS
It is now easier than ever to to make a few extra dollars just by sharing your opinion (so long as you own a computer or smartphone)!
- Earn $5 just by signing up to Inbox Dollars! Besides getting paid to share your opinion by completing surveys, Inbox Dollars will also pay you to watch videos. Add $25 to the initial $5 and you could make $30 in just one week.
- Like Inbox Dollars, Panel App is free to use. The app tracks your location in the background and will give you surveys based on your location periodically. Redeem your points for an Amazon, Visa, or retail gift card.
- Similar to Inbox Dollars, there are a variety of ways beyond completing surveys to make money on Swagbucks. Redeem your swagbucks for gift cards and other great incentives!
- Earn a $5 bonus after completing your first 5 surveys on MyPoints. In addition, you can receive coupons and get incredible deals while shopping online!
I personally use all three apps to earn a little extra money. It is perfect to use when waiting for an appointment or laying in bed at night.
2. GET CASH BACK ON PURCHASES
3. TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR RECEIPTS
In addition to taking surveys and downloading cash back apps, I use ReceiptPal (use this link for 250 bonus pts.) to earn additional income. All you have to do is take pictures of your receipts, and ReceiptPal will give you points. Redeem your points for an Amazon or retail gift card.
4. INVEST IN THE STOCK MARKET
Have spare change? If so, download Acorns (use this link for a $5 bonus) and start investing spare change with no minimum balance. Remember, your dollar goes the furthest when the market is down. Besides investing spare change, Acorns Invest allows users to set recurring and one-time payments to their account.
According to the company website…
“Acorns Invest automatically invests your spare change and lets you invest as little as $5 any time or on a recurring basis into a portfolio of ETFs. Your investments are then diversified across more than 7,000 stocks and bonds, and Acorns automatically rebalances your portfolio to stay in its target allocation.”
In addition, Acorns offers Acorns Later, an IRA account, and Acorns Spend, a checking account.
I have personally used multiple investment apps, and I can certainly say that Acorns is my favorite. Be sure to sign up for Acorns today!
5. OPEN A CREDIT CARD
If you are like me, you are probably looking for new ways to get cash back on everyday purchases. Hence why I use the Discover rewards credit card. Get 5% cash back on an array of items each quarter and UNLIMITED 1% cash back on all other purchases. The best part is NO ANNUAL FEE. Interest rates may vary.
5% cash back calendar
January-March: grocery stores
April-June: gas stations, Uber, and Lyft
July-September: restaurants and PayPal
October-December: Amazon, Target, and Walmart.com
6. SCRATCH OFF LOTTERY TICKETS
Lucky Money is a free app that combines different ways to win real cash prizes, such as scratchers, daily lottery drawings, egg crackers and daily raffles. Scratch off a few lottery tickets every day and you will have enough tokens to cash out in no time.
Use this code for a $1 bonus and extra 100,000 tokens: 62B6DCT
7. Swipe Ads On Your Smartphone
Slidejoy is an authentic app that pays you to run ads on your smartphone screen lock. Besides PayPal, users have the option to redeem points for Amazon, Visa, or retail gift cards.