Riley Dennis, a far-left YouTuber, created a video discussing the infamous Gillette ad. The ad targets the concept of “toxic masculinity,” a term social scientists use to describe the social attitudes that cause many men to act violently, sexually aggressive, or unemotional. Unsurprisingly, Riley endorses this ad, believing that all men should be held responsible for the poor actions of a few.
Supporters of the ad argue that it was not designed to demonize all men, rather, encourage men ‘to do better.’ These people view the world through a collective lens. Since, historically speaking, women had fewer rights than men, social justice advocates view men as an oppressor class and women as an oppressed class. This concept is also known as the patriarchy, which social justice advocates use to explain why men and women make different life choices. These activists have a similar mindset regarding other social identities, including race, sexuality, and religion. In their worldview, the oppressor class needs to take action to uplift the oppressed class, which in this case would be men uplifting women. As a result, they believe ‘good’ men have the moral responsibility to encourage ‘bad’ men ‘to do better.’
Understandably, many people took issue with this ad. Individualists, such as myself, believe it is unacceptable to hold people accountable for the actions committed by others. Instead, individualists believe people are only responsible for their own behavior. For example, African-Americans have the highest violent crime rate in the United States. However, most people would agree that it would be wrong to coin the term “toxic blackness” and insist that all African-Americans should ‘do better.’ It is important to judge people as individuals, not based on their collective group.
If you enjoyed reading this article, check out some of Riley’s other ridiculous videos, including why she believes…
- genital preferences are discriminatory
- biological sex does not exist
- violence against conservatives is justified
- saying “it’s okay to be white” is racist
- being fat is healthy
- using the wrong pronoun is violent
- poor people are entitled to luxuries with other people’s money
- the world map is racist
- black women should be given special privileges
- Islam is great for LGBT people
- vandalism should be legal
- due process should be abolished
- conservatives and moderates don’t have valid opinions
- people of color and the elderly are less capable of obtaining a valid voter ID
- conservatives are more easily offended than leftists
- all international borders should be abolished
- not dating bisexuals is bigoted
- Democrats should embrace socialism to win elections
- we should give everyone free money
Watch Riley tell men ‘to do better’ below!
SUPPORT this blog by giving a one-time donation.
ORDER a t-shirt, hoodie, mug, pillow, or phone case here.
LIKE Raging Gay Conservative on Facebook.