Riley Dennis, a far-left YouTuber, created a video explaining why she believes the Democratic Party should move further left. Riley begins by claiming that Democrats have been trying to win elections by appealing to centrist voters. Following, Riley asserts that this strategy has caused Democrats to move toward the center as Republicans move further right. In addition, Riley states that this has caused the entirety of American politics to become more right-leaning.
Instead of appealing to centrist voters, Riley believes Democrats should embrace left-wing policies. Riley claims that many left-wing Americans are politically disenfranchised. She believes the Democratic Party moving further left would generate excitement, and thus, encourage disenfranchised left-wing Americans to vote. To support her argument, she cites the voter turnout of the 2016 and 2018 elections. In addition, she points to newly elected left-wing politicians, such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar.
Following, Riley accuses Republicans of “rigging the system in their favor,” citing gerrymandering and voter ID laws. Riley believes Stacey Abrams would have won the Georgia gubernatorial race if it was not for so-called voter suppression. To increase voter turnout, Riley supports automatic voter registration, making election day a national holiday, expanding early voting, and providing vote-by-mail as an option. She concludes by saying the Democratic Party’s need to move leftward is “long overdue.”
If you enjoyed reading this article, check out some of Riley’s other ridiculous videos, including why she believes…
- genital preferences are discriminatory
- biological sex does not exist
- violence against conservatives is justified
- saying “it’s okay to be white” is racist
- being fat is healthy
- using the wrong pronoun is violent
- poor people are entitled to luxuries with other people’s money
- the world map is racist
- black women should be given special privileges
- Islam is great for LGBT people
- vandalism should be legal
- due process should be abolished
- conservatives and moderates don’t have valid opinions
- people of color and the elderly are less capable of obtaining a valid voter ID
- conservatives are more easily offended than leftists
- all international borders should be abolished
- not dating bisexuals is bigoted
Watch Riley explain why the Democratic Party should go left below!
SUPPORT this blog by giving a one-time donation.
ORDER a t-shirt, hoodie, mug, pillow, or phone case here.
LIKE Raging Gay Conservative on Facebook.